Super Easy Pumpkin Rice Krispy Treats
Probably the easiest bake on my channel and perfect for the little fingers in your life!
You could even use some melted chocolate to put scary faces onto the front of these!
- 240g Rice Krispies
- 150g mini marshmallows
- 75g unsalted butter
- Orange Food Colouring
- Green fondant icing
- Pack of Mikado milk chocolate biscuits
- baking tray
- Line the baking tray with greaseproof paper and set to the side.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a saucepan over a medium heat until completely melted and combined, ensuring to mix so that it doesn't catch and burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the Rice Krispies to the pan and fold until fully coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Now would be a good idea to coat your hands in oil before using them to mould the pumpkin shapes. Take a slightly larger golf ball sized amount of the Krispies mixture and shape into a slightly squished sphere to form the pumpkin shape. Press a small dent into the top of the ball; this is where the 'stalk' will go.
- Taking one of the Mikado biscuits, snap about an inch off the coated end of the biscuit... eat the rest and then press the bit you snapped off down into the dent you made in the top of the pumpkin.
- Now using the green fondant icing, take two very small balls and shape into leaves. Place these on either side of the stalk, pressing down slightly so that they stick.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy (all ghouls and ghosts allowed)!
Find me on Youtube: