Mini Egg Cookie Pie
Happy Easter weekend everyone! I hope you're having a great time stuffing your faces with plenty of easter treats!
If you find yourself with one too many packets of mini eggs then this is the perfect recipe for you! Bursting at the seams with milk chocolate and white chocolate hazelnut spread, this cookie pie is a great sweet treat to make for the long and hopefully glorious Easter weekend!
For the cookie dough:
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 230g light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 425g plain flour
- 30g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 200g mini eggs (crushed)
For the filling:
- 400g jar of milk chocolate spread ( I used Morrisons own brand)
- 400g jar white chocolate hazelnut spread (tastes EXACTLY like a Kinder Bueno and is also from Morrisons)
- 300g mini eggs (crushed)
- 100g bar mini egg chocolate
- 20 x 20cm cake tin
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of your cake tin before setting to the side for later.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and two sugars until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat again.
- Add in both flours and the bicarbonate of soda before beating again until a smooth cookie dough is formed. Mix in the choc chips and crushed mini eggs until they're well distributed throughout.
- Split this big dough ball into three evenly sized balls... each ball should weigh approximately 400 grams.
- Press the first third of the cookie dough into the bottom of prepared cake tin.
- Press the second third around the inner side of the cake tin.
- Partially melt the milk chocolate spread by placing in the microwave for around 20 seconds. Pour the whole jar into the bottom of the cookie dough lined tin. Sprinkle over half of the crushed mini eggs you have for the filling and break over the mini egg chocolate bar.
- Now melt down the white chocolate and hazelnut spread before pouring this into the cookie pie, ensuring to cover up all of the mini eggs and chocolate bar. Sprinkle over the remaining crushed mini eggs and then place in the freezer for an hour.
- Once out of the freezer, add the remaining third of the cookie dough to seal the filling in. Place the pie in the freezer for another hour. Whilst the pie is in the freezer this time round, preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Once the hour in the freezer is up, place the pie straight into the preheated oven for approximately an hour or until the top is golden brown.
- As soon as the cookie pie has finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool on the surface for an hour before placing it into the fridge to set overnight. DO NOT REMOVE FROM THE TIN.
- Once it has been completely chilled, remove from the tin and use a very sharp and strong knife to cut into it (good luck)
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: