Mince Pie Brownies
The combination you never knew you needed!
A mixture of luxurious buttery mince pies combined with a super rich chocolaty brownie; a definite addition to the Christmas snack table!
- 185g unsalted butter, cubed
- 185g plain/dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 6 mince pies
- 20 x 20cm brownie tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Line the brownie tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave or over a bowl of simmering water until fully melted. Once melted, leave to cool.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into a medium bowl and then leave to the side.
- In another bowl, place the eggs and the caster sugar. Beat with an electric or manual whisk for a minimum of 3 minutes until the volume of the mixture has at least doubled in size and the mixture leaves a trail behind when the whisk is lifted out of the mixture.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and fold in slowly with a spatula ensuring not to knock any air out of the mixture.
- Sift the cocoa and flour mixture into the bowl and then fold in slowly, again being very gentle to prevent air loss.
- Spoon a 3rd of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared tin and smooth out so it covers the bottom. Place the mince pies into the tin and then cover with the remaining mixture. Smooth over so the pies are completely covered and then place in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until there is only a slight wobble in the middle of the brownie. If there is a big wobble, cover with tin foil and check every 10 minutes. After it's done, leave to cool for at least half an hour before cutting as it will still be very soft.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of Christmassy joy!
Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment