Millionaires Shortbread Cupcakes
Simple but effective, these cupcakes are filled with sweet caramel and kind of an upside down version of a lot of peoples favourite... Millionaires Shortbread!
For the cupcakes:
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can of Caramel ( I used Nestle)
For the decoration:
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4tbsp milk
- 45g cocoa powder
- 12 shortbread fingers
- 12-hole cupcake tin
- Star shaped piping nozzle
- Preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan, gas mark 4) and line a 12-hole baking tin with cupcake cases.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until a creamy and smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add in all of the other cupcake ingredients APART from the caramel and beat with an electric or manual whisk until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases evenly until you have none left in the mixing bowl. Pop in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut a whole out of the middle of each cupcake (a bit like when you make butterfly cupcakes) and fill with the caramel. Replace the bit you cut out ready for icing.
- Make the buttercream icing by sieving the icing sugar on top of the softened butter and beating with a whisk until smooth. Add in the milk and the cocoa and mix again. If it's too runny, add more icing sugar, if it's too dry, add more milk.
- Put the buttercream into a piping back with the star shaped nozzle and pipe in a circular motion; a decent amount of the icing!
- Stick a shortbread finger into the icing and sprinkle a little bit of crummage on top too.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy (with or without your choice of custard).
Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment