Biscoff Millionaires Shortbread
This is one of the first things I ever made for my lovely colleagues and it was a big hit! Of course I can't make something without using my favourite spread of all time!
With three perfect layers of Biscoff crumb, homemade caramel and a topping of sweet milk chocolate, these are the IDEAL delicacy for a Biscoff lover!
- 500g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 65g golden syrup
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 250g milk chocolate
- 200g Biscoff spread
- Lotus Biscoff crumbs
- 20 x 20cm baking tin
- Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper and put to the side for now.
- Blitz the biscuits for the base in a food processor until a fine crumb is achieved. Mix this with the melted butter and then pour this mixture into the prepared tin. Make sure to fill all of the corners.
- In a large saucepan, add the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup. Turn on the heat and continue to stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn up the heat and boil the mixture for roughly 5 minutes; ensuring to stir ALL the time to prevent the mixture sticking to the bottom. Keep mixing until the caramel has reached a deep golden colour and has a slightly thicker texture than before; this is when you know it is ready.
- Pour the caramel onto the biscuit base and then leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Now it's time to make the chocolate topping. Melt the chocolate and the Biscoff spread separately as the chocolate will take longer to melt. Once both are melted, mix together in one bowl until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate and spread combo over the top of the set caramel and follow with a layer of Biscoff crumb.
- Set in the fridge; ideally overnight and then cut into squares.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy.
Find me on Youtube: