Crunchie Bar Cookies
One of my fondest memories from when I was younger is finding a Crunchie bar in my Dad's car, biting into it and thinking the honeycomb was mould...
It's been years since that incident and now they're one of my favourite chocolate bars! These cookies are chewy, chocolaty and full of honeycomb, so perfect for a Crunchie lover like me!
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 30g cocoa powder
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 3 x 40g crunchie bars, chopped
- 50g milk chocolate, cut into chunks
- Line a baking tray and preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and two sugars with a hand or electric whisk until well incorporated.
- Next, add in the egg and beat until well combined.
- Add in the self-raising flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and beat again until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and the chopped crunchie bars until dispersed well throughout the cookie dough.
- Using your hands, roll out balls of cookie dough, about the size of a ping pong ball and place on the lined baking tray. Ensure to space them out well as they do spread a little when baked.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy.
Find me on Youtube: