Jam Crumble Slice
The best part of my Mum's roast dinners as I've gotten older, are definitely the amazing fruit crumbles she makes... but I always find myself stealing more of the topping than the fruit!
So if you're like me, then this Jam Crumble Slice is perfect for you with that delicious, buttery crumble goodness and an ickle bit of strawberry jam running through the middle!
- 225g plain flour
- 100g oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g light brown sugar
- 200g butter, unsalted or salted, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 300g strawberry jam
- 20 x 20cm baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper and put to the side for now.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, baking powder and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the softened butter and using your fingertips, rub the butter into the dry ingredients until you achieve a crumbly texture and all of the flour has been absorbed by the butter. It will be ready when the mixture forms almost a dough when squeezed together.
- Transfer half of the crumble mixture into the lined baking tin. Press into the tin, ensuring to fill the corners. This is the base of the slice.
- Pour the jam on-top and use the back of a spoon to spread it around the tin. Ensuring the bottom layer or crumble is covered.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumble over the top. Don't worry, it does not have to completely cover the jam layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the crumble topping turns a golden brown colour and the jam is bubbling.
- Remove when done and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes.
- Slice into squares.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy.
Find me on Youtube: