Salted Caramel Brownies
I was recently invited to a Hen Do but was unfortunately unable to make it... so as a comprise I decide to make these Salted Caramel brownies!
Containing milk and 70% dark chocolate along with a slight hint of fine sea salt; these are SO indulgent and perfect for any Salted Caramel fan!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 397g tin of Carnation caramel
- 1tsp flakey sea salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 20 X 20 brownie tin
- Line the brownie tray with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C/Gas Mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat until fully melted. Break in both the chocolates, remove from the heat and then leave to melt for a couple of minutes. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix 175g of the caramel with 1tsp sea salt until it loosens up into a runnier consistency.
- Put the rest of the caramel into a mixing bowl along with the caster sugar and eggs. Beat with an electric or manual whisk until fully combined. Now whisk in the chocolate and butter combination.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and the cocoa powder. Sift this on top of the wet mixture and then fold to incorporate.
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared tin and level with a spatula. Using a teaspoon, drizzle 4 lines of the prepared salted caramel onto the brownie and then top with the remaining brownie mixture. Smooth out with the spatula again.
- Repeat the same pattern with the remaining caramel and then use a cocktail stick to create a feathered pattern with the caramel.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until risen. You will know the brownie is ready when you shake it gently and only the middle wobbles slightly.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
Find me on Youtube: