Slimming World Scotch Eggs
Myself and my boyfriend recently went on a trip to our local country park to have a picnic! We're both trying to get those summer bodies back; especially now that Covid-19 is on it's way out so decided to make a healthier option to shop bought scotch eggs and make the Slimming World version!
Baked instead of fried, these are a perfect alternative to a naughty treat when you're trying to be good!
- 4 eggs
- 8 low fat sausages
- 2 beaten eggs
- 40g golden breadcrumbs
- low calorie cooking spray
- Baking tray
- Line the baking tray with tin foil and then spray with low calorie cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 190C/170C/Gas Mark 5.
- Using a large label/spoon, lower the eggs into a pan of boiling water. Bring the water back up to the boil then lower the heat so the water is simmering.
- After they have cooked for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and instantly place the eggs into a bowl of cold water. Leave them to the side whilst you prepare the meat.
- Take each sausage and squeeze the meat out of the encasing into a bowl.
- Mix the sausage meat until a large ball is formed.
- Split this into 4 equally sized balls.
- Peel the eggs out of their shell and then place in the centre of a flattened out piece of sausage meat. Enclose the egg in the meat and roll between both of your hands until the egg is fully covered.
- Dip in the beaten egg, followed by the golden bread crumbs.
- Place all of the scotch eggs on your prepared baking tray, spray them with some low calorie cooking spray and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy... (or take it to a picnic).
Find me on Youtube: