Chilli Sausage Rolls
These aren't just any sausage rolls... these are sausage rolls filled with the FIRE of red chilli!
With flakey rough puff, these rolls are perfect with sweet chilli sauce!
- 3-4 red chillies (depending on how hot you can take it)
- 500g sausage meat
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- 500g puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Pierce the chillies, then toast over a gas flame or under a hot grill until black and blistered. Place in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to the side to cool. When they are cool enough to handle, pull off and discard the skins, then scoop out the seeds (or keep them in if you're brave).
- Chop the chilli flesh and mix with the sausage meat, paprika and a pinch of black pepper.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour. Cut the block of pastry in half and roll out into 2 strips, 50cm x 15cm each. Shape the sausage meat into 2 sausage shapes and place along the middle of each strip.
Find me on Youtube: