A last minute request from the boyfriend; here we have Oreo Cookies!
Soft and chewy, just like the ones you'd buy from the supermarket and the best thing about them is that you can switch up which kind of Oreo chocolate you use, whether it be white or milk!
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 30g full fat cream cheese
- 100g light brown sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 x 41g Cadbury Oreo bar, chopped
- 100g mini Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 4 and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, cream cheese and both sugars into a mixing bowl. Using a manual or electric whisk, cream these ingredients together for a good 2 minutes until well combined and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Fold with a spoon until fully combined and then fold in half of the chopped chocolate bar. Cover with clingfilm and then chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Using your hands, divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and put 6 on each prepared baking tray; ensuring to space them well apart as they spread quite a bit on baking.
- Press the remaining chopped chocolate and the mini Oreos all over the top of each dough ball.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden. Cool on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment