Stuffed Biscoff Muffins
Evidently, the number of things you can make with Lotus Biscoff biscuits and spread seems to be endless!
Stuffed full with Biscoff spread infused buttercream and topped with one of those new Biscoff biccies, these are a proper delight!
For the muffins:
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2tbsp Biscoff spread
For the decoration:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 435g icing sugar
- 60g smooth biscoff spread (or crunchy if ya feeling fancy)
- 2tbsp milk
- 12 Biscoff sandwich biscuits
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Star holed icing bag nozzle
- 12 muffin cases
- Line the 12-hole muffin tin with the muffin cases and preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 3.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth using a manual or electric whisk. Add the eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla extract. Mix again until fully combined.
- Add the Biscoff spread and mix again until the spread is nicely incorporated.
- Using 2 teaspoons, spoon even amounts of the mixture into the cases until you run out of mixture. Give them a light tap on the surface and then pop in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst the cupcakes are baking, make your buttercream. In a bowl, beat the butter until its smooth and then add the icing sugar. Whisk this until the mixture is smooth and then add the Biscoff spread and milk. Beat again until completely incorporated. If the buttercream is quite thick, add a bit more milk to loosen it up and the same with if its too runny, add more icing sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
- When the cakes are done, leave them to cool completely. Fill a star nozzle topped icing bag with the buttercream. Take a serrated knife and cut out most of the middle of each cupcake (making sure not to cut all the way to the bottom) and put the bit you've cut out to the side. Fill this hole with some of the buttercream and then pop the cut out piece back on top, squishing it down a bit to seal the edges.
- Pipe some more buttercream on the top of the muffin (like in the picture) and then top with a Biscoff biscuit and a sprinkling of some biscuit crumbs.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
Find me on Youtube: