Toffee and Pecan Banana Brea
Lockdown No.2 calls for more banana cake!
But this time... I'm funking it up! Scattered throughout are chopped pecans and creamy toffee; the PERFECT match to a steaming hot cuppa!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g in total)
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 100g toffee yoghurt
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 100g pecan, roughly chopped
- 150g softish toffees, roughly chopped
- 900g loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/Gas Mark 3. Grease and line the loaf tin.
- Mix together the bananas, eggs, butter, toffee yoghurt and sugar until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder on top and then fold in.
- Now fold in 3 quarters of the chopped pecans and half the chopped toffees.
- Pour into the prepared tin and level on top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts and toffee on top.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean and the loaf feels springy!
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment