Chocolate Orange Brownies
Walking through the supermarket, I noticed the greatest thing to happen to the chocolate isle in a long time... WHITE CHOCOLATE TERRY'S CHOCOLATE ORANGE.
After seeing that, I just had to make something with them, so please set your eyes upon the most orangiest brownies you ever did see!
- 150g plain/dark chocolate
- 150g Milk Terry's chocolate orange
- 200g unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 275g caster sugar
- 90g plain flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200g Milk Terry's chocolate orange, roughly chopped
- 100g White Terry's chocolate orange
- 50g milk chocolate, melted
- 10ish pieces of mini white chocolate Terry's segments
- 20 x 20cm brownie tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Line the brownie tin.
- Melt the butter, dark chocolate and milk Terry's chocolate orange together in the microwave or over a bowl of simmering water until fully melted. Once melted, leave to cool.
- In another bowl, place the eggs and the caster sugar. Beat with an electric or manual whisk for a minimum of 3 minutes until the volume of the mixture has at least doubled in size and the mixture leaves a trail behind when the whisk is lifted out of the mixture.
- Pour in the cooled chocolate mixture and fold in slowly with a spatula ensuring not to knock any air out of the mixture.
- Sift the cocoa and flour into the bowl and then fold into the wet mixture slowly, again being very gentle to prevent air loss.
- Fold the two types of chopped Terrys into the mixture and then place into the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until there is only a slight wobble in the middle of the brownie. If there is a big wobble, cover with tin foil and check every 10 minutes. After it's done, leave to cool and then drizzle with the melted milk chocolate in a hashed formation and decorate with the mini white chocolate segments.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of Christmassy joy!
Find me on Youtube: