Rolo Caramel Cupcakes
Rolo's are probably one of the most underrated chocolates in my opinion, so to show them some love, I stuck them on a just as yummy cupcake!
Covered in a caramel flavoured buttercream, followed my a caramel and milk chocolate drizzle, these cupcakes are perfect for a sweet tooth!
For the cupcakes:
- 180g unsalted butter
- 180g light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 145g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1-3tbsp milk
- 24 rolos
For the caramel buttercream:
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 375g icing sugar, sifted
- 75g caramel
For the decorations:
- 2tbsp softened caramel
- 50g milk chocolate, melted
- 12 hole cupcake tin
- Star shaped piping nozzle
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Line the cupcake tin with cases.
- Using an electric or handheld manual whisk, beat the butter with the light brown sugar until fluffy. Combine the eggs, flour and cocoa powder with the butter/sugar mix until well combined.
- Using 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake cases half way and then add 2 Rolo's on top of the mixture in each cupcake. Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream. In a separate bowl, whisk together the softened butter and sifted icing sugar until a smooth consistency is achieved. If too thick, add a tbsp of milk until the desired consistency is achieved. Mix in the caramel and then pour this into a piping bag containing the star nozzle.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, pipe a good amount on the top of each one, followed by a couple Rolo's. Now drizzle over some melted milk chocolate and some of the slightly softened caramel.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
Find me on Youtube: