Vegan Choc-Chip Cookie
I recently received some Vegan Butter in a Hello Fresh box so wanted to make something with it that no one would notice was vegan!
After doing a lot of searching and taking ideas from a few of my vegan friends, here we have these delicious, chewy, 'chocolaty' and all round delicious 'Choc'-Chip cookies!
- 115g Vegan Butter, softened (I used Flora's)
- 200g light brown sugar
- 60ml Almond milk
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 150g dairy free chocolate chips ( plus 25g for later)
- baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and light brown sugar until well combined. Add in the almond milk and vanilla extract; beat again until fully incorporated.
- Now add the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and corn starch. Mix with a wooden spoon until a cookie dough is formed.
- Add in the 150g of chocolate chips and fold these in until they're well distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll into evenly shaped balls and place around 6 on each prepared baking tray (dependant on the trays size). These will spread slightly when baking. You're aiming to get 20 balls.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set and they are golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and then place 3 or 4 choc chips (from the 25g you saved) into the top of each cookie while they're still warm.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment