Lime and Coconut Drizzle Cake
Today's bake is part 3 of a 4 part series where I'll be showing you how to make each cake that makes up this beast of a bake!
Todays bake is the love child of two tropical fruits; coconut and lime drizzle!
For the cake:
- 230g self-raising flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 215g caster sugar
- 130g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 250ml coconut milk
For the lime drizzle:
- 235g icing sugar, sifted
- 2tbsp lime juice
- two 20 inch sandwich cake tins
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4 and line both of your cake tins with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, coconut, lime zest and sugar in a bowl. In another bowl, using an electric or manual whisk, beat together the melted butter, eggs and coconut milk until fully combined.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and then fold in. Pour into your prepared tin, smooth the surface and then pop in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- To make the lime drizzle, mix together the icing sugar and lime juice until a smooth drizzle consistency is achieved.
- Once cooled, puncture multiple holes into the top of one cake half and then drizzle the lime drizzle on top allowing it to dribble slightly over the side. Place the other half on top and then again top with more drizzle.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: