As used in my Apple, Salted Caramel and Custard Poke Cake, below is the recipe for the sweet yet salty caramel sauce!
- 200g granulated sugar
- 85g salted butter
- 120ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, heat the granulated sugar, mixing ALL THE TIME to prevent it from burning. Eventually it will begin to dissolve and form a sticky but VERY HOT liquid so be careful not to burn yourself like I did..
- Once it's fully melted, add in the butter and continue to mix until its completely melted. Once melted, allow to boil for a minute before slowly adding the double cream. Be careful when you do this as it will splatter because of the difference in heat.
- Once all of the cream has been poured in, allow to boil for a further minute and then remove from the heat and add the salt.
- Continue to mix until everything is well combined and you have yourself a caramel.
- Pour into a heat resistant container and store for up to a month!
Find me on Youtube: