Lemon and Blueberry Drizzle Loaf Cake
Some of the best fruits are finally coming back into season!
So to celebrate, I decided to make this blueberry and lemon drizzle loaf cake!
For the cake:
- 120ml milk
- zest and juice of one lemon, save 1/4tsp of the zest for later
- 280g plain flour plus 1tsp for coating the blueberries
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 200g blueberries
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
For the drizzle:
- 100g icing sugar
- 1/4tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2tbsp lemon juice
- 9 X 5 inch loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4 and line the bottom of your loaf tin with baking paper whilst also greasing the sides.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the milk, zest and lemon juice together. It will curdle but don't worry about that! Put this to the side for later.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set to the side.
- Now in another small bowl, toss the 1tsp of flour with the blueberries until they are nicely coated. This will stop them sinking to the bottom of the tin during baking.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until smooth and combined. Then, one at a time add the eggs whilst also adding a small spoonful of flour between each one as this will prevent it from curdling.
- Now, one after another, add a splash of the milk mixture followed by a bit of the flour mixture. Keep doing this until all of each is fully incorporated.
- Fold the blueberries in and then pour this into your prepared loaf tin, ensuring the top is level.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes to an hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst it is baking, prepare your drizzle. In a small bowl, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice & zest until well mixed.
- Once the cake is completely cool, pour the drizzle over the top of the cake, allowing it to dribble down either side. Let this set for approximately 15 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment