Baked Vanilla Cheesecake
Yep, you're reading it right... there's a LOT of cream cheese in this recipe but trust me, it will be the most delicious and delectable cheesecake you've ever had greet your tastebuds!
I've used fresh vanilla pods in mine but you can always swap these for a couple teaspoons of vanilla extract!
For the cheesecake base:
- 230g digestive biscuits
- 40g caster sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 750g full-fat cream cheese
- 300g creme fraiche
- 100g soured cream
- 160g caster sugar
- 45g plain flour
- 2 vanilla pods, split in half lengthways and the seeds scraped out
- zest and juice of one lime
- 6 large egg yolks
- 9"/23cm deep springform cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas 4 and lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of your cake tin.
- Put the biscuits into a food processor and pulse until you achieve a fine crumb. Alternatively, you can put the biscuits into a plastic bag and smash up with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, add the caster sugar and then the melted butter. Mix until well incorporated and then pour into the prepared tin.
- Push down on the crumb mixture so that it fills the tin nicely and is well compacted. Pop this in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Whilst the base is cooling, prepare your filling. In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, creme fraiche and soured cream until smooth. Sift the flour over the mixture and then beat again until well mixed.
- Add the vanilla seeds, lime juice and zest. Now, beat again until everything is mixed nicely. Now incorporate the egg yolks one at a time, making sure not to over-mix (about 5 seconds).
- Pour the filling on top of the biscuit base and then give the cheesecake a gentle tap on your work surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat to 140°C / Fan 120°C / Gas 1 and bake for a further hour. When the hour is up, turn off your oven and leave the door open slightly; leaving the cheesecake inside to 'rest' for 15-20 minutes before removing. This prevents the top from cracking. Remove from the oven and leave for 3 hours to sit before cutting.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy.
Find me on Youtube: