Mini Victoria Sponges
Recently it was my land-ladies birthday so to wish her a good one, I decided to make a lil something...
These mini Victoria sponge sandwich cakes are full with freshly whipped cream and chopped strawberries! Perfect for a summers day bake!
For the sponge cake:
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g self-raising flour
For the filling:
- 200ml double cream
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 12-hole mini sandwich cake tin ( I got mine from Lakeland)
- Piping bag and a star shaped nozzle
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/Gas Mark 5 and grease each hole of your mini sandwich cake tin.
- To make the cakes, in a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and well combined. Add in the eggs one at a time whilst adding a spoonful of the flour at the same time before beating again. Continue doing this until all of the eggs have been mixed in.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix this in.
- Sift the rest of the flour into the bowl and then fold this in until completely incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 holes in your tin and level with a teaspoon.
- Bake in the middle shelf of your preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes before popping them out of their tin.
- Whilst they're baking, whip up the cream; being careful not to over-beat. Put this cream into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, cut each in half equally. Pipe around 3 blobs of whipped cream onto the inside of one of the halves and then add around a teaspoon of the chopped strawberries onto the top of this followed by the other half. Sieve a little bit of icing sugar over each small cake.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment