Nutella and Biscoff Cookie Bars
I genuinely thought there was nothing else I could do with Biscoff spread but here we are...
3 layers of choc-chip cookie plus a layer each of Nutella AND Biscoff spread, it doesn't get much better than this!
- 400g butter, softened
- 500g light brown sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 550g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400g chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate but you can use whatever ya fancy!)
- 300g Nutella spread
- 300g Biscoff spread
- 20 X 20cm square cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4 and line the bottom of your cake tin with baking paper whilst also greasing the sides.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and light brown sugar until smooth and fully combined.
- Add in the egg yolks and vanilla extract and beat again. Begin to fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda until a dough is formed. You can now get your hands in there and squidge the dough together to form a ball. Split this dough ball into 3 sections weighing 620g each.
- Put 1 of these three balls of dough into the prepared tin and begin to push down and fill the whole of the bottom of your tin with it.
- Now blob all of the Nutella spread over the top of this cookie layer and spread out with the bottom of a metal spoon.
- Repeat step 4 on top of the layer of Nutella spread before then repeating step 5 with the Biscoff spread.
- Top this with the final ball of cookie dough ensuring to squish and spread it out well so the layer of Biscoff is enclosed nicely.
- Pop this in the preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes. It should be golden brown on the top and have a slight wobble but not be soft to the touch on the top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the fridge overnight before tipping out onto a board and chopping up.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: