One Pot Fruit Cake
For this bake, I've had the honour of recreating one of my colleagues childhood cakes after being provided with his Mum's 'formulation'!
Best thing about it is it produces barely ANY washing up; using only one pan and cake tin!
- 200g caster sugar
- 240ml full fat milk
- 80g raisins
- 80g sultanas
- 115g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 240g self-raising flour
- 6 inch deep cake tin
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/Gas Mark 3 and line the bottom of your cake tin with baking paper whilst also greasing the sides.
- In a pan, add the caster sugar, milk and butter. Heat over a medium heat and stir until the butter and sugar have completely melted.
- Add in the raisins and sultanas and then set aside to cool.
- Once cool, add the egg and flour and mix until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the cake mixture into your prepared tin and then place in the preheated oven to bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment