Red Velvet Cookies
Red velvet cake in cookie form??? I got you!
Bursting with white chocolate chips, they're a great and less timely alternative to the big red cake!
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 75g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp red food colouring (I used powdered colouring)
- 265g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 300g white chocolate chips
- baking trays
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas Mark 5. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the softened butter and both sugars.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and red food colouring and beat again until fully combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Beat again until a cookie dough is formed.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and beat again until they're fully incorporated and dispersed well throughout the cookie dough.
- If you'd like evenly sized cookies, weigh out 60g bits of the cookie dough and then roll these into balls. Place these on a plate or baking tray before placing in the freezer for at least 30 minutes or in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Take your cookies out of the freezer/fridge and then place in the preheated oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Once baked, leave them to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: