Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies
Another week, another cookie!
When I was younger, Mum always used to make white chocolate and cranberry cookies to gift people at Christmas time so when someone at work asked me to make them for his birthday, I was more than happy to!
- 345g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 230g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2tsps vanilla extract
- 270g white chocolate chips
- 145g dried cranberries
- baking trays
- In a bowl add the softened butter and both sugars. Beat these together using a manual or electric whisk. Mix in the eggs one a time followed by the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt and mix again until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the white chocolate and cranberries until distributed well. Cover the bowl with cling film and then place this into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once the dough has nearly finished chilling, preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and then separate into even shaped balls of dough and place on the prepared baking trays ensuring to leave a decent gap in-between each one to allow for spreading in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are light brown and the top is set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment