Crunchie and Toffifee Rocky Road
A colleague of mine experienced his first ever toffifee chocolate a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised!
So, this week I decided to develop my own Rocky Road recipe; not just containing his new favourite chocolate but also my all time favourite choccie bar; a Crunchie!
For the rocky road:
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125ml golden syrup
- 200g milk chocolate
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed into small pieces
- 1 Crunchie bar, crushed (doesn't matter what size)
- 12 Toffifee chocolates, cut into quarters
For the topping:
- 1 Crunchie bar, crushed
- 12 Toffifee chocolates
- 9 x 9 brownie tin
- Line the brownie tin with greaseproof paper and set to the side.
- In a microwave or over a pan of simmering water, melt together the butter and golden syrup. Add in the milk chocolate and allow to sit for a few minutes so the chocolate can melt. Mix with a spatula or whisk until smooth. Set to the side for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Fold in the crushed digestives and Crunchie bar. Pour into the prepared tin and press down with a spatula or spoon, ensuring the mixture is level.
- Sprinkle over the crushed Crunchie bar and then push each of the Toffifee chocolates into the mixture.
- Set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or even overnight and then cut into pieces.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppLwLPWWEy4P8-LB14-1uQ
Post a Comment