Eton Mess Rocky Road
TikTok is something I have slowly become addicted to over the last year and one particular piece of audio that's currently going viral involves the main ingredients of Eton mess...
"Berries and cream, berries and cream, I'm a little lad that loves berries and cream!"
So to celebrate this extremely annoying but slightly entertaining character, I've put my own twist on the traditional British dessert!
For the rocky road:
- 500g white chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter
- 100g shortbread biscuits, broken up
- 75g mini marshmallows
- 45g meringue nest, broken up
- 75g Haribo straw sweets, cut up with scissors
For the topping:
- 2 meringue nests, crushed up
- 2tbsp freeze dried raspberries
- 8 x 8 brownie tin
- Line the brownie tin with greaseproof paper and set to the side.
- In a bowl, add the shortbread biscuits, marshmallows, meringue nests and cut up strawb sweets. Set this to the side until later.
- In a saucepan, add the butter and white chocolate. Begin to heat over a low heat, making sure to mix all the time to prevent the chocolate from burning and catching on the bottom. Once everything has melted and is well incorporated, turn the heat off.
- Pour 3 quarters of the melted butter/chocolate mix into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and fold this in. Pour this mixture into the prepared tin and then pour the remaining melted chocolate mixture over the top to fill in the gaps.
- Crush the meringue nests for the topping over the top followed by a sprinkling of the freeze dried raspberries. Pop this in the fridge to set for a minimum of 4 hours or ideally overnight. Once set, cut into however many squares you want!
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppLwLPWWEy4P8-LB14-1uQ