Although I've never actually seen the movie all the way through, I thought the colours featured in Beetlejuice would look great in a cookie!
They're a super easy to make but a great eye catcher!
- 560g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 340g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- green and purple food colouring
- baking trays
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.Mix until combined and then add the remaining flour mixture.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half into different bowls. Add a squirt of the different food colourings into either bowl containing the dough balls. Knead until you're left with two separate balls of green and purple cookie dough. Wrap these in clingfilm and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Dust your counter and rolling pin lightly with flour. Remove the two dough balls from the freezer and then roll each into similar sized rectangles.
- Now lay one rectangle on top of the over and roll slightly to get them stuck together. Starting from the longer side of the rectangle, roll up and then wrap in cling film again. Place this roll into the fridge for another hour.
- Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 3, 160C, 140C fan.
- Remove from the fridge and then cut as many cookies as you can. You're aiming for a thickness of 1/3''. Place on your baking trays, about an inch apart to allow for spreading and then pop in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: