Cat Litter Tray Cake
Don't worry, you're still on Phoebakes and not some strange website where people post pictures of their cats litter trays!
Last week at work it was the Halloween bake off and this was my entry! Made up of a mixture of cake, biscuits and toffee, this cake is the perfect (but extremely gross) cake to make if you want people to stop and consider whether what they're about to put in their mouth is worth it!
- 500g vanilla sponge cake
- 500g chocolate sponge cake
- 300g shortbread biscuits, crushed
- 3 drops green food colouring
- 6-10 Cadburys chocolate eclairs (depends how much poo you want in your litter tray)
- clean and new litter tray and scoop
- Taking your vanilla and chocolate sponge, crumble both of them up into the empty litter tray before folding them together with a spatula. In a separate bowl, place the crushed biscuits and add the 3 drops of food colouring before folding this in. Sprinkle this over the top of the crumbed up cake!
- Remove the eclairs from their foil packaging and place onto a microwave proof tray. Pop the toffees in the microwave for around 15-30 seconds until they're soft enough to mould into the shape of your desired cat poo! Place these 'cat poos' wherever you want on top of the cake until you have the desired number!
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy (disgust)!
- Find me on Youtube: