Ginger nuts are one of my favourite biscuits so when I challenged myself with making people at work biscuit selection boxes for Christmas, I HAD to include them on the line-up!
Packed with plenty of ground ginger, you'd be giving McVities a run for their money!
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 40g caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- baking trays
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/Gas Mark 5. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl, sieve in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger, then stir in the sugar.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the melted butter and golden syrup. Stir until the mixture comes together to form a dough.
- Weigh the dough and then divide this by 16 to get the weight that each biscuit should be. Break off bits of dough that weigh this amount before rolling it between the palms of your hands and placing well apart onto the prepared baking tray.
- Flatten each ball slightly with your fingertips before placing in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes until they're golden brown and slightly cracked on the top. Leave to firm up on the trays for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely!
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: