Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie is something I've never made before and never something I really had intentions of ever making!
But, after being requested by someone at work for their birthday, I decided to give it a go and was pleasantly surprised! Featuring a ginger nut base and tangy lime filling, they compliment each other perfectly!
For the base:
- 225g ginger nut biscuits, crushed
- 85g unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 397g can of condensed milk
- zest and juice of 5 limes
- 285ml double cream
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 23cm loose bottom cake tin
- Line the bottom of your cake tin with butter whilst also greasing the sides of the tin too.
- Mix together the crushed ginger nuts and melted butter until well combined. Pour this into the prepared tin and push down with a spatula until flat and level in the tin. Pop this in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- In a bowl, beat together the double cream, condensed milk and lime zest and juice until the mixture is thick and creamy. Pour this on top of the biscuit base before smoothing over with a spatula. Place this back in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours but preferably overnight.
- Once set, grate the 70% chocolate over the top.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
DFS: Fusion Titanium 2019 - TitaniumArts.comReplyDelete
DFS: nano titanium flat iron Fusion Titanium 2019 - 2014 ford fusion energi titanium TitaniumArt has a detailed titanium cartilage earrings look into the development w88 and use of Fusion titanium flash mica Iron.