Daim Bar Brownies
I've recently bought and moved into my first flat! And of course, with a new flat comes a trip to IKEA!
And what do IKEA sell??? Yeah that's right... DAIM!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 120g plain flour
- 50g cocoa
- 150g Daim bars
- 25g dark chocolate, melted
- 12' x 9' traybake tin
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/Gas Mark 5. Line the traybake tin.
- Place the Daim bars into a freezer bag and smash to pieces with a rolling pin. Remove a third of the crushed bars that contain slightly bigger pieces and then place the remaining two thirds into the freezer.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in the microwave or over a bowl of simmering water until fully melted. Once melted, leave to cool.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs for 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened and is fluffy in texture.
- Pour the melted butter and chocolate mix into the sugar and egg mix and stir together well.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa into the bowl before folding this into the mix using a spatula or metal spoon.
- Tip in the two thirds of the Daim bars that didn't go into the freezer and fold these in.
- Pour into the prepared tin and then sprinkle with the remaining two thirds of the Daim bars that have been in the freezer.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the top begins to crack slightly. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Once cool, melt down the 25g of dark chocolate and drizzle over the top of the brownie before sprinkling with the larger bits of Daim that didn't go in the freezer.
- Cut up into pieces!
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: