Homemade Jammy Dodger
When planning which biscuits I was going to include in the line-up for my Christmas gifts last year, I just KNEW it had to include the Jammy Dodger!
Although they look like a jammy dodger, this version has a slight twist to it; containing a custardy flavoured buttercream too as well as the sweet raspberry jam!
For the biscuits:
- 100g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 275g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 200g icing sugar
- 50g custard powder
- 20ml semi skimmed milk
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- Jar of seedless raspberry jam
- baking trays
- Jammy dodger stamp ((I bought mine from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dexam-British-Biscuit-Cutters-pack/dp/B01IPHT5S2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1P13H9JPCCXO6&keywords=custard+cream+biscuit+stamp&qid=1641224228&sprefix=custard+stamp%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-2
- piping bags
- Preheat the oven to 180°C,/fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4 and line all of your baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth using a wooden spoon or electric hand whisk.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract before folding in the flour. Do this until a biscuit dough begins to form and you can get your hands in there! Bring the dough together into a ball before rolling out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of approximately 1cm/1/2inch.
- Using your cutter, cut out both sides of the jammy dodger biscuits and place on the prepared baking trays.
- Place in the preheated oven for around 8-10 minutes until pale golden brown. Meanwhile prepare the custardy filling! In a bowl, beat together all of the filling ingredients apart from the raspberry jam!
- Once the biscuits are out of the oven, allow them to cool completely before filling a piping back with your custard buttercream and a separate bag with the raspberry jam!
- Pipe a decent sized splurge of the buttercream into the centre of the jammy dodger half that does not contain the heart shaped hole before adding another splurge of raspberry jam into the middle of that! Place the other half of the jammy dodger directly on top, making sure not to push down so hard that the filling gets pushed out!
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment