Super Easy Chorizo Sausage Rolls
Today, I wasn't feeling very enthusiastic about baking anything so instead of making nothing, I decided to make these SUPER easy chorizo sausage rolls!
I highly recommend frying the chorizo a little bit before adding it to the pork mince as doing so causes it to release some of those delicious oils which eventually soak into the pastry... my mouth is watering so lets get onto the recipe!
- 400g pork mince (I used sausages that had been squeezed out of their casings)
- 75g chorizo, chopped into small pieces
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp milk
- 320g ready-made puff pastry
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage meat, chopped chorizo and parsley.
- In a small ramekin or bowl, using a fork, beat together the egg yolk and milk; this will be used later so set to the side for now.
- Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface before rolling out a little until the rectangle is approximately 25 x 30cm. Cut this in half lengthwise so it forms two strips. Divide the meat mixture into two and then roll each out into a cylinder the same length as the strips. Lay a cylinder down the middle of each strip and then fold the pastry over, sealing it with the egg wash you made earlier.
- Using unflavoured dental floss or a knife, cut 15-17 rolls out of each roll and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Ensure to leave around 3-4cm between each roll to allow for the pastry to puff!
- Brush the tops with more egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds and then pop in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube:
Post a Comment