Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake
It may look basic but a good slice of lemon drizzle with a cuppa is the perfect sweet treat!
The good bit about this recipe is that you can make it as sour or as sweet as you'd like!
For the cake:
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- zest of 1 lemon
For the drizzle:
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 85g caster sugar
- 9 X 5 inch loaf tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/Gas Mark 4 and line the bottom of your loaf tin with baking paper whilst also greasing the sides.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and caster sugar until creamy. Then add the eggs one at a time with a little bit of flour each time to prevent the mixture from curdling.
- Stir in the remaining flour and lemon zest until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place in the preheated oven for 45-50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Whilst the cake is baking, make up the drizzle. Do this by mixing the lemon juice and caster sugar together in a bowl.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for around 5 minutes before pricking small holes into the top. Pour the drizzle over the top of the cake ensuring all of the holes you have just made are covered. Leave to cool completely.
- Make a cuppa, kick your legs up and enjoy this little moment of joy!
- Find me on Youtube: